Saturday, June 4, 2016

Omar Blue and King Cat Sateer - The Beginning

Seems so long ago, considering all that has happened since.

We've devoted a chapter of "THE TAKEN" to King Cat Sateer, so we thought it only right to tell you how Omar and Sateer first met face to face.

I'll never forget that night......




Omar and I were relaxing with our snacks, when a scratching sound came from the direction of the door. I got up to see what had made it. Omar at my side, I opened the door and was surprised to see a large Sphinx Cat gazing up at me.

“I’m King Cat Sateer, he said. I would like to talk to Omar Blue of K-9 Town.”

I somehow understood every word. Omar has many visitors now, but then, it was very unusual.

The hairless Sphinx Cat was standing as proud and regal as could be. Not a trace of fear. He and Omar looked each other in the eyes, then Omar looked at me.

I knew they needed privacy so I pointed upstairs and off they went.

I went running for the camera. A habit I still have today, because if I didn’t give you pictures, you probably wouldn’t believe a word I tell you.

They weren’t gone long but when they came down I could see that something big had just happened.

Omar later told me why King Cat Sateer had come……

My name is Sateer

I’m the Elder cat there

in the land we both hold so dear.

 

I come to you

there are things we must do

as my loved ones are living in fear.

 

I’ve heard as the leader of K-9 Town

you’re as wise

and as fair as can be.

 

We both know we’ll never

call ourselves friends

but allies, why not, you and me.

 

Omar looked in his eyes

he could see no disguise

Sateer was both brave and wise too.

 

So he made it quite clear

there’d be nothing to fear

“But start trouble

I’m coming for you.”

 

This was the beginning

though neither knew

of a friendship forever strong.

 

In the years to come

they would form a bond

in a land where they both belong.

 

The two wise leaders have become more to each other than they dared to imagine at that first meeting.


No comments:

Post a Comment