Monday, January 25, 2016

Omar Blue - Ode to my friends the Labradors

 

Today I’m going to talk about Labradors, because my best friend, Major Diggs, was a Lab.

Well, mostly.


 

He passed away last year and everyone still misses him, very much.

Actually, he’s now living forever at K9 Town, doing what he does best, being second in charge. How this happens is another "true tale" but I’ll tell you this, there are many at K9 Town that decided not to go further on, to Rainbow Bridge. They have all the love and respect we can give and they love being a part of our adventures. 

Very happy, as you can see and always up to something.

They're waiting for me. I'll be joining the fun shortly.

 
To continue…. I’ve made new friends but some of them are very unfortunate. They don’t have homes and people to love and care for them. These are the ones I want to tell you about.  

In many ways they’re all the same. They are outgoing and friendly, even tempered, gentle, agile, kind and smart.  Those are all traits of the Labrador, and things that make them wonderful companions and family pets. Sounds like the Doberman, I might add, if I were talking about us.


Here are a few of my friends but there are many more, younger and older, needing homes and people to love.
While waiting to be adopted, they are staying at the Lab Rescue LRCP and in foster homes, in Virginia.
The smiling faces below belong to just a few of the kind, caring volunteers who work hard at the Rescue, and beyond, to find the perfect homes for my friends.
 

If you have room in your heart, and in your life, think about giving a dog a home. You won’t regret it.

Contact the Lab Rescue LRCP at  info@lab-rescue.org or coordinator Angie Turner by phone, 301-299-6756.
Gotta go now. Thanks for stopping by. Come back soon.

Love youuuu!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment